Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

High-Throughput and Very High-Throughput vs CSD Override

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  High-Throughput and Very High-Throughput vs CSD Override

Posted Feb 26, 2018 03:16 AM

Hi all.

I have a doubt from some time ago about HT/VHT and CSD Override: CSD Override is recommended to be turned on in some circumstances, as in having Cisco 7921g VoIP phones, and from documentation:

"Most transmissions to high throughput (HT) stations are sent through multiple antennas using cyclic shift diversity (CSD). When you enable the CSD Overrideparameter, CSD is disabled and only one antenna transmits data, even if they are being sent to high-throughput stations. This enables interoperability for legacy or high-throughput stations that cannot decode 802.11n CDD data.

[...]

Note, however, that enabling this feature can reduce overall throughput rates."

My doubt is: enabling CSD Override implies disabling the advantages of 802.11n/ac?, it worths enabling VHT (or even HT) with CSD Override enabled?

• 2.  RE: High-Throughput and Very High-Throughput vs CSD Override

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 08:30 AM
    You should only enable CSD override when you only have a single device that will benefit from it connecting to that SSID. It should not be used for devices that will not benefit from it.

• 3.  RE: High-Throughput and Very High-Throughput vs CSD Override

Posted Feb 27, 2018 02:41 AM

We have Cisco 7921 and Cisco 7925 IP phones in our network and we enabled CSD Override according to Aruba documentation. What I really wanted to know is the impact in 802.11n and if that means that 802.11n is in fact "disabled" with CSD Override enabled.

• 4.  RE: High-Throughput and Very High-Throughput vs CSD Override
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2018 05:32 AM

802.11n is not disabled, the CSD component of 802.11n is disabled.