Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

High latency client

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  High latency client

Posted Feb 12, 2014 09:47 AM
      |   view attached

Dears,

Would you please see the attachment and tell if this is normal? I am having high latency on this client and having issues while using AirDisplay application. Is this due to interference?

Appreciate your help.

• 2.  RE: High latency client

Posted Feb 12, 2014 10:05 AM

If you run the following command it could help you see if there's power/channel changes because of interference:

show ap arm history ap-name <apname>

2014-02-12 09_57_10-10.44.26.11_22 - Tera Term VT.png

If you look at the dashboard it could also give you a good overview2014-02-12 10_04_31-Dashboard.png

• 3.  RE: High latency client

Posted Feb 12, 2014 10:16 AM
      |   view attached

Thanks for the reply.. Command output is

• 4.  RE: High latency client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2014 10:23 AM

@Tahir wrote:

Dears,

Would you please see the attachment and tell if this is normal? I am having high latency on this client and having issues while using AirDisplay application. Is this due to interference?

Appreciate your help.

That SNR indicates how well the access point sees the user.  If the user is stationary, it should be constant, in theory.   Things you can do to deal with that  (1) upgrade the drivers on that client (2) Enable Drop Broadcast and Multicast in your Virtual AP profile (3) See how many other users are on the radio of that access point to determine if shared connectivity is causing latency. 

• 5.  RE: High latency client

Posted Feb 12, 2014 10:38 AM

Yes the user is stationary. It is near to Access Point AP135. Why does SNR value go down in 1 minute and up in 2nd minutes as attached earlier? (1) I ll try to update the driver. (2) What imact will be on other users if i enable broadcast and multicast on VAP profile because this profile is shared by a group of APs. (3) Only 2 or 3 users on radio at that time.

Your support is highly appreciated.

• 6.  RE: High latency client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2014 10:53 AM

Before we consider making controller changes, is the user on the "a" or "b/g" band?  Either way, find out what access point he/she is connected to and run the following commands:

show ap debug radio-stats ap-name <ap-name> radio 0 advanced | include Resets,Busy,intvl,Fail,Retry,Changes
    show ap debug radio-stats ap-name <ap-name> radio 1 advanced | include Resets,Busy,intvl,Fail,Retry,Changes