Wireless Access

MVP

Hotel Wifi design

Hello!

I got this hotel which does not got like the standard design

In this hotel for example if i put one AP in one room the signal need to cross the bathroom which the ap is  located, and the bathroom of the other room also, so when the signal reach the next room is really weak...

So what now? i would need to put like 1 AP per room... which would be really really expensive...

Guys what you would do in this case? is there any other way im not thinking?instead of putting one ap per room?

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

Re: Hotel Wifi design

NightShade1 wrote:

Hello!

I got this hotel which does not got like the standard design

In this hotel for example if i put one AP in one room the signal need to cross the bathroom which the ap is  located, and the bathroom of the other room also, so when the signal reach the next room is really weak...

So what now? i would need to put like 1 AP per room... which would be really really expensive...

Guys what you would do in this case? is there any other way im not thinking?instead of putting one ap per room?

Cheers

Carlos

<outside the box>

See if you can get any usable coverage from the floor below or above as part of your survey.  If yes, you could possibly try to stagger the access points from floor to floor.  It is worth trying.

</outside the box>

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Ill try that...

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

You are limited by where you can mount.  Bathrooms have alot of solid objects that would block RF, so I would say to try not to mount in there...find another place...  Alot of hotels would allow you to mount under the desk.  That might be a better location.

I do not know much about the hotel, so all I could say is that you need to experiment with your placement to get better coverage, and measure the result.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

The major issue here is that the bathroom is in the middle of the rooms

let say i got room 201 and room 203 next to each other

AP is on 201, the wifi signal has to travel through the Bathroom of 201 and the bathroom of 203 to reach the next room.

Ill try to see how is the multifloor coverange... luckily i wont loose too much dbs

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

Carlos,

I am confident you will come up with a solution.

Colin Joseph

MVP

right :P

but still looking for forum help to see if someone had this issue before :)

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
MVP

Something you can try which worked very well for us this past summer in buildings with very challenging structures and that bleed through the walls for 5ghz was pretty much unusable is to place the AP ( wall mounted )in between floors for example if you have 3 floors you will place the ap in the second floor and that will provide coverage for 1st and 3rd floor . Of course this was at dorm but we were dealing with brick walls .

What was the power levels on the AP when you tried in the other room ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
MVP

Ill try that also. It was an ap 93h 2.4ghz band 21dbm
Alternetworks Corp
MVP

In the other room i was geting on my fluke -75 or -80 was not good... At least i prefer to to.see -65...
Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: