Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Hotel in which you cannot do cabling to the differente floors

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hotel in which you cannot do cabling to the differente floors

Posted Aug 25, 2013 03:14 PM

Hello

I got a custumer which  for some reason you cannot do cabling to the floors which their end custumers are...

There deployment now its  outdoor antenas pointing to the windows of the rooms... but thats not working good...

As far i understand there is no pipes to run cables to the differente floors up, and it seems that it will cost them too much money to do that...

Now my question is how can i overcome this with aruba? is there any idea someone can come out?  how can i deliver decent coverage to the rooms without cabling up???

CAn this work somehow with MSR1200 indoor mesh? 

Any ideas? haha

The client told me that they got a telephone line in each room and well if we can use that cable to ran the data thats okay... like putting a DSLAM in there and each room would be something like a ADSL?

Anyways any idea is welcome!

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Hotel in which you cannot do cabling to the differente floors

Posted Aug 26, 2013 05:06 AM

What bandwidth do you need?

I dont know how much work your end customer is willing to put into this, but if they have a phone cabled to each room, are you sure that there is no room for another in the same place that the telehpone wire is?

If that is the case, you can even to something like THIS . Change the telephone wire with TP and split the wires in the TP cable as shown in the mentioned article. This should get you both Ehternet AND telephone in the same cable but it would limit your speed to 10baseT and 100baseT. but still better than most wireless sollutions in this kind of situation. :)

• 3.  RE: Hotel in which you cannot do cabling to the differente floors

Posted Aug 26, 2013 09:37 AM

Hello Nesvik

I dont think that would work for them as they will need to recable like almost 2k bedrooms? Neither i dont think they will trust in doing something like that.  Its a lilttle hard the situation  though

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Hotel in which you cannot do cabling to the differente floors

Posted Aug 26, 2013 09:41 AM

Aha! for that scale, yes that would be a lot of recabling :P

Some years ago I did this with a couple of smaller offices for a customer who had a similar problem, and it solved their problem.

But I agree that on a scale like your customer have, that sollution might not fit the bill :)