Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I filter smart phones from connecting to my WLAN?

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  How can I filter smart phones from connecting to my WLAN?

Posted Sep 20, 2013 01:56 PM

I have 12 schools in all in my school district.  In each school, I have a cluster of 30- 50 IAP-105 with the WLAN doing WPA-Personal security.  Things are working good, except I'm seeing alot of smart phones connecting and I want to be able to control this or block this?  Can anyone please tell me how I can do this with just the IAP cluster?  Are there any filters that I can create?

Thanks, Maverick

• 2.  RE: How can I filter smart phones from connecting to my WLAN?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 20, 2013 03:16 PM
      |   view attached

You can move all the smartphones based on fingerprinting and then move those to a role that denies everything , i have attached a user guide.

This is currently supported in IAP OS 6.2.1.0-3.4.0.x

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: How can I filter smart phones from connecting to my WLAN?

Posted Oct 30, 2013 02:17 PM

Is there a way to do this and limit them by radio? 

Like if i want all mobile clients to connect only on 2.4ghz, and laptops to connect only on 5ghz, is that possible?

• 4.  RE: How can I filter smart phones from connecting to my WLAN?

Posted Oct 30, 2013 05:57 PM
    There is not a way i can think of that you could steer mobile clients to one band with an IAP cluster. You might be able to with CPPM but I would have to dig around on that one but your first post clearly states with a IAP cluster only.

• 5.  RE: How can I filter smart phones from connecting to my WLAN?

Posted Jun 25, 2014 08:53 AM

hi, how did u setup your AP?

I have almost same problem. I have 10 AP and for guess network works fine but for employee its not accesising internet access.Plus i have to internet providers. and i want gues goes for one provider with full access and employee for another with restricted access.

Should i change on my router setting? or just on AP

• 6.  RE: How can I filter smart phones from connecting to my WLAN?

Posted Jun 25, 2014 10:36 AM
    Latino_geek
    Please start a new thread so we can answer your question without cluttering up this thread.

Your issue isn't the same nor will it be answered the same.