Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I force an AP out of the gap-db even if it still shows the AP up

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  How can I force an AP out of the gap-db even if it still shows the AP up

Posted Sep 12, 2014 06:59 AM

THe Master show the AP as being up even though the AP is unplugged from the network. There is no problem with duplicate IP as the address won't return a ping

• 2.  RE: How can I force an AP out of the gap-db even if it still shows the AP up

Posted Sep 12, 2014 07:21 AM

Have you tried to run "clear gap-db" command? Please refer to the link below.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Command-of-the-Day/COTD-clear-gap-db-access-point-housekeeping/td-p/1774

• 3.  RE: How can I force an AP out of the gap-db even if it still shows the AP up

Posted Sep 12, 2014 08:01 AM

As long as an AP show an up status, you can't clear it out of the database using the clear gap-db command. I have tried this on several occasions. Something is hung up in the master because it thinks the AP is up even thought it isn't. I'm looking to see if there is another command that can force an AP out of the database regardless of status.

• 4.  RE: How can I force an AP out of the gap-db even if it still shows the AP up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2014 09:27 AM

dglav60,

What version of ArubaOS is this?

• 5.  RE: How can I force an AP out of the gap-db even if it still shows the AP up

Posted Sep 14, 2014 09:37 AM

Sent by Denny Glavin's iPhone
    610-812-8731

• 6.  RE: How can I force an AP out of the gap-db even if it still shows the AP up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2014 09:45 AM

Does the local controller show the AP as being up?

There were some bugs fixed in later versions of code where an AP would show up or down on the master but the opposite on the local.  I do not see those fixes in the ArubaOS 6.2.x train after .5.