Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

How can I turn off diversety-mode (for AP104 with Antena 2,4Ghz splitter)

How can I turn off diversety-mode. (for AP104 with Antena spliter)
I want to send and receive only about 1 x Radio connection
see in attachment.

Guru Elite

Re: How can I turn off diversety-mode (for AP104 with Antena 2,4Ghz splitter)

That should be all that you need to do.  This parameter only appears in ArubaOS 6.2 and above.

- You can only acheive rates of MCS 0 to 7

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

After enable (single-chain-mode) its Radio-Diversity realy disabled???

Because we have big problems with roaming, affect for all diferent Deveices (Scanner,Laptops,Apple....)

Very often (at roaming time ) client completely loses connection and first then new reconnect to another AP. (distanze between APs 20-40m). All APs used 2,4Ghz Splitter.

about MCS setting I do not need (n) standard. 

Guru Elite

This setting is for mainly for customers who have a distributed antenna system (DAS).  If you use this to connect regular clients, you will have performance issues.  Is there a reason why you only want to use a single antenna?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

We have rooms with -20 degrees Celsius.

Constellation see in attachment

MVP

I am pretty sure you need to be on ANT-0, not ANT-1, on the 2.4Ghz antenna. If you are on AOS 6.3, you can also re-provision the AP to just use a single-antenna which will disable diversity. To be safe, a 50-Ohm cap should be placed on the unloaded antenna connector.

However, note that running your antenna in to a splitter and then connecting an antenna on each side of the splitter to be in two different rooms will result in very poor performance. Since the antennas are in two different rooms, there's no way to mitigate client collisions and hidden node issues from the clients in the two different rooms. 

Hope that helps. Let us know what code you are running, but if it's less than AOS 6.3, you should try to move to ANT-0 and cap the ANT-1 connector. But note that if there are clients in both rooms, performance will suffer dramatically.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer

I have ready  connected to Radio1(2,4Ghz) Ant0 (left) / R1/A0. see attachment.

What do you mean?

What should be set on AP re-provision setting to disable diversity, (single-chain-mode) is corect?

Can I get by Aruba (50-Ohm cap)?

MVP

So you are on the correct antenna connector. What OS version are you running? The 50-Ohm cap would be bought from somewhere like L-Com (http://www.l-com.com/coaxial-0-6-ghz-rp-sma-plug-terminator-50-ohm).

Jerrod Howard

Hi Jerrod

In use Aruba OS 6.3.1

Are you 100% sure that by Aruba (50Ohm cup) is necessary?

Because Cisco and many other WLAN manufacturer dont need(resistors). It's possible peer settings (diversity mode) turn on or off.

I know only at AP from Siemens and Hirschmann, because in settings you could not configure (diversity-Mode).

and therefore it  needs extra 50Ohm. resistor.

You did not answer

Setings (single-chain-mode Radio1) for this Case  is corect?

MVP

[ Edited ]

I'm always a 'belt and suspenders' guy when it comes to wireless/network best practices. So here's my 2 cents and how-to...

1. You can provision your AP onto a specific antenna (see screenshot 'Enable-Single-Chain_Provision) via 'Configuration > AP Installation'

2. I would put a cap on the ANT1 port just to be safe and make sure that the unused antenna is loaded with 'something'. It can't hurt and can only help make sure it works correctly andprotects the radio should it be mis-configured later (it also makes it physically/visually obvious how it is configured).

3. Configure an AP-specific RADIO profile to disable CSD (see screenshot 'CSD-override')

4. Configure your HT profile on the SSID profiles assigned on those APs to MCS0-7 only (see screenshot 'mcs0-7').

Again, because you are splitting the RF into two different antennas covering two different areas, you will very likely see performance issues (your previous map didn't make clear to me what you were trying to show, but your drawings with the splitter show two separate antennas in two separate rooms, which will not work well). 

As far as the steps, you're doing what you need to do, short of visually confirming that you have provisioned the radios and that the antennas are indeed connected to the correct antenna port (which I assume has already been done). 

Edit: No not every single step above is required, if you are provisioning on to a single antenna, per your screenshot, and have CSD override enabled, that should be all you need to do. But like I said, I like being doubly/triplely sure so I recommend terminators and static MCS rate limiting. 

Jerrod Howard
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: