Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

How can i view the current operating temperature of my AP-135 and AP-225s on my network?

I've scrubbed the ap details and ap tech support.  No dice.   Possible i over looked something.

Thanks,

brodi3man

Guru Elite

Re: How can i view the current operating temperature of my AP-135 and AP-225s on my network?

The temperature is not recorded in any of the info, unfortunately.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: How can i view the current operating temperature of my AP-135 and AP-225s on my network?

well thats down right dissappointing.  Thanks for the reply :)

Super Contributor I

There are some thresholding SNMPv3 inform things in the MAS MIB, but they don't give an actual temperature reading, just send informs, and probably don't work for APs, just MAS.  I only know this because we are stealing back the wires our physical plant stole from us for some statistical thermos and I figured what the heck, might as well look.  (Not that one can reliably use the backplane temperature of a single AP as a reliable source because it changes based on how busy the AP is.)

Guru Elite

bingo.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Will the access point send high temperature alarms or is there a trigger or alert that needs setup? 

Guru Elite

It does not send alarms and there is no trigger.

Colin Joseph

cool.  thanks for the quick help.

Is there any improvement  about that? I tried "show ap debug system-status ap-name AP_NAME" in Version 6.4.3.4 but I couldn't see anthing about temperature. 

Guru Elite

There is no temperature parameter, no.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: