Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I configure AP for static channel in AOS 8.2?

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  How do I configure AP for static channel in AOS 8.2?

Posted Mar 14, 2018 05:34 PM

I realize there is the "airmatch ap freeze" option, however that only works if the AP is up and online. It also is not part of the config (e.g., see "show configuration...") and therefore is not captured as part of our auditing. In AOS 6.5., we would configure a dot11a|dot11g radio profile with a channel (and tx-power) while having the embedded ARM profile disable assignment. When I do this in AOS 8.2, airmatch overrides that configuration.

A workaround I suppose would be to create a regulatory domain profile with only the single channel I want, but that is a clunky workaround.

Is there a way I can disable airmatch operations for an ap-name (or ap-group for that matter)?

This is time sensitive, so I appreciate the replies. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: How do I configure AP for static channel in AOS 8.2?

Posted Aug 28, 2018 03:51 PM

I cannot find this setting either. The 'channel' option on the RF Profile no longer exists in 8.3.0.2 either. 

• 3.  RE: How do I configure AP for static channel in AOS 8.2?

Posted Aug 28, 2018 10:08 PM
    I ended up conforming to using airmatch freeze. In your case, freeze only the channel and it’ll leave the power alone. I’m also [nightly] logging in and grabbing the whole list of airmatch freezes and saving them to a svn repository for historical record since it doesn’t show up in the config itself.

• 4.  RE: How do I configure AP for static channel in AOS 8.2?

Posted Aug 31, 2018 02:10 PM

Thanks Ryan. That worked. I actually like the command!