Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

How do I enable Clarity using Instant Config via Airwave?

This is going to sound beyond stupid, but here goes.  I'm trying to follow the instructions here so I can get Clarity up and running.  Right off the bat, it says

From the CLI, type:

show mgmt-servers

I'm clearly missing something, or that tutorial is clearly expecting me to know something I don't.  Because upon running that, I get a lovely "-bash: show: command not found".

So, could someone please explain to me how I should be running this?  I can only assume I need to enter some sort of 'config' command mode or something, similar to configuring a managed switch or router.  Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: How do I run commands once SSH'd into Airwave?

Those commands are when SSH'ed into the xontroller., not Airwave.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

cjoseph wrote:
Those commands are when SSH'ed into the xontroller., not Airwave.

Ahh, that makes a lot more sense, thanks!

Ok, so, can I make these commands work for me at all to enable Clarity in Airwave?  Or do I need to do something entirely different?  Or *can* I even get Clarity working using only Airwave and Virtual Controllers at each physical site?

Right now, everything in Airwave > Clarity shows N/A and no information available.  I can only assume something isn't enabled correctly.

By virtual controller you mean IAP cirtual controller or virtual mobility controller (virtualized version of Aruba Mobility Controller).

For clarity for work, you need to have IAPs on OS code 6.5.

Jibran Aziz
CCIE (RnS / SP / DC) , ACDX , ACCP , ACMP

In your instant or airwave you need to go to services and then enable the clarity options (dns, auth , dhcp , etc)

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Aruba Employee

Also, if these are instant APs, make sure we are on Airwave version 8.2.3.1, as the clarity feature for instant is supported from 8.2.3.1 version of Airwave.

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)

jibran_aziz wrote:

By virtual controller you mean IAP cirtual controller or virtual mobility controller (virtualized version of Aruba Mobility Controller).

Sorry, IAP (Instant Virtual Controller residing on one of the AP's at each site).

For clarity for work, you need to have IAPs on OS code 6.5.

Now, is "OS code" different than firmware?  We have no hardware controllers, only Airwave for management and Instant VC's.

Vishnu Mannil wrote:

Also, if these are instant APs, make sure we are on Airwave version 8.2.3.1, as the clarity feature for instant is supported from 8.2.3.1 version of Airwave.

Ah!  Good to know.  I believe Airwave is running 8.2.1.1 in our organization.

Victor Fabian wrote:
In your instant or airwave you need to go to services and then enable the clarity options (dns, auth , dhcp , etc)

Ok, we're now on Airwave 8.2.3.1.  But when I go to Groups > Instant Config, select a Virtual Controller, and choose the Services tree from the Menu tab, I don't see the options you specified Victor.  In fact, I don't see any Clarity options, nor do I see the word 'Clarity' in any of the options for Instant via Airwave.

Firmware for the AP's is 6.4.4.8, which I think is the latest.

Am I missing something in order to get Clarity data showing up?  I see the feature is still in Beta...maybe that's why?

EDIT

Just thought of something else, does the model of AP matter for Clarity support?  Do only certain models support that?

Re: How do I enable Clarity using Instant Config via Airwave?

Local management or via Airwave if you go to services you can enable Clarity

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: