Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

This thread has been viewed 56 times
  • 1.  How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

Posted Feb 12, 2015 07:51 AM

I do a 'show ap database' and the master lists an AP as being up but the AP isn't even on the network anymore. Is there a way to force an AP off of the database. My experience has always been that if it shows the AP as being up, you can't remove it.

• 2.  RE: How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

Posted Feb 12, 2015 07:54 AM

Hi,

You can clear all stale entries by using "(Aruba3600) #clear gap-db lms lms-ip <Local IP>

Please feel free for any furhter query on this.

• 3.  RE: How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

Posted Feb 12, 2015 08:03 AM

Is this comnmand entered on the master with the lms ip of the local controller or is it entered on the local itself?

• 4.  RE: How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

Posted Feb 15, 2015 06:18 AM

i would say master with the name of the AP. but as the article mentions it is a pretty safe command, so just try. be sure to report back what worked for you.

• 5.  RE: How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

• 6.  RE: How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

Posted Dec 01, 2016 12:40 PM

I have a problem where an AP has been removed but still showed up on the controller but not the master. How do I remove it from the non-master? when I do the clear gap command it says it must be done on the master. Which of course doesn't see it

• 7.  RE: How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

Posted Dec 01, 2016 01:25 PM
    The AP is no longer on the network ? Can you ping it ?
    Does it shows up when you run the show ap active | include

• 8.  RE: How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

Posted Dec 01, 2016 02:47 PM
    The AP is no longer on the network ? Yes
    Can you ping it ? No
    Does it shows up when you run the show ap active | include No
    Does it shows up when you run the show ap database long Yes

--

*Jon Hutchinson*
    *8B Packer Ave rm 185*

*Lehigh University(610)758-5099*

• 9.  RE: How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2016 06:28 PM

Deleting the post as I was pointing to the same command that Tim posted.