Wireless Access

Contributor I

How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

I do a 'show ap database' and the master lists an AP as being up but the AP isn't even on the network anymore. Is there a way to force an AP off of the database. My experience has always been that if it shows the AP as being up, you can't remove it.

Valued Contributor II

Re: How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

Hi,

You can clear all stale entries by using "(Aruba3600) #clear gap-db lms lms-ip <Local IP>

Please feel free for any furhter query on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
Guru Elite

Re: How do I remove an AP from a master controller that shows it being up when it's not

Contributor I

Is this comnmand entered on the master with the lms ip of the local controller or is it entered on the local itself?

MVP

i would say master with the name of the AP. but as the article mentions it is a pretty safe command, so just try. be sure to report back what worked for you.

Contributor II

I have a problem where an AP has been removed but still showed up on the controller but not the master. How do I remove it from the non-master? when I do the clear gap command it says it must be done on the master. Which of course doesn't see it

MVP

The AP is no longer on the network ? Can you ping it ?
Does it shows up when you run the show ap active | include
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Contributor II

The AP is no longer on the network ? Yes
Can you ping it ? No
Does it shows up when you run the show ap active | include No
Does it shows up when you run the show ap database long Yes

--

*Jon Hutchinson*
*8B Packer Ave rm 185*

*Lehigh University(610)758-5099*
MVP

[ Edited ]

Deleting the post as I was pointing to the same command that Tim posted.

Regards,
Borja
ACMX #567 //ACCP//CWNA
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: