Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I reset AP 70 to defaults

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How do I reset AP 70 to defaults

Posted May 27, 2015 11:21 AM

I need to know how to reset an AP 70 to its defaults. I have it connected to the controller.  When I had it conected to a PC via the serial cable I was unable to see anything.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: How do I reset AP 70 to defaults

Posted May 27, 2015 11:44 AM

Welcome to the community!

Have you verified your console settings, baud rate and port?

Onec your in purgeenv will get you what you need.

• 3.  RE: How do I reset AP 70 to defaults

Posted May 27, 2015 11:59 AM

thru putty i have speed 9600 data 8 stop 1 parity none flow control none

• 4.  RE: How do I reset AP 70 to defaults

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2015 12:07 PM

bmorebith,

If you have an AP70, it requires either:

- A special console cable if the AP70 is POE powered or powered by a DC adapter

- A special console "box" if the AP70 is powered via inline power

- An 800 or 2400 controller so that you can use telnet console.

The AP70 does not work with a typical console adapter.  Please see the end of the post here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points/Resetting-an-AP-60-Access-Point/m-p/4436/highlight/true#M494 for a part number or diagram.

• 5.  RE: How do I reset AP 70 to defaults

Posted May 27, 2015 12:24 PM

OK, i have an aruba 800 controller.  I connected the AP70 to ent0 in the aruba800 controller.  I can telnet into the aruba and enable the privlidged commands.  now i'm going to check out that article.

• 6.  RE: How do I reset AP 70 to defaults

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2015 12:28 PM

• 7.  RE: How do I reset AP 70 to defaults

Posted Jun 04, 2015 10:09 AM
      |   view attached

Ok, so here is the status update.

I am unable to reset the AP70 directly connected to a laptop with a serial cable due to the fact it takes a specific serial cable.  A standard serial cable will NOT get the job done.  So that rules out that method of reseting the AP70.

The other method used to reset the AP70 is by connecting the AP70 to an ARUBA800 ethernet port and then connecting to the ARUBA800 via telnet, and reset the AP70 via a telnet session. I can connect to the ARUBA800 and open the telnet session but I dont get past that step.

I have attached a document I've been following.  I'm not sure how to identify the slot port.

Here is the step I get hung up on:

soe> connect <slot/port where the AP is connected to>               (e.g. soe>connect 1 / 2)

Thanks

Attachment(s)

docx
    Reset_Purge+an+AP.docx   11 KB 1 version