Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

How does Clientmatch move to the optimum radio?

Hi,

When ClientMatch discover a client below threshold defined in adatative radio management settings, how does client moves to optimus radio?

I found some information about Patent 8401554, does wrong AP hide the SSID to the client in probe request? Is it possible that clients moves to the optimum AP by 802.11v protocol?

I appreciate all your help,

Thanks,

Guru Elite

Re: How does Clientmatch move to the optimum radio?

If the client supports 11v it uses it.

If not, it de-auths the client from the AP that it is "stuck" to.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

I am sorry, but I don't know what is "de-auths". is it a kind of  extenisble authentication protocol (EAP)?

Thanks,

Guru Elite

Deauthentication frames are an 802.11 management frame.

"Deauthentication frame: A station sends a deauthentication frame to another station if it wishes to terminate secure communications."

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Guru Elite

Xavi wrote:

Hi,

When ClientMatch discover a client below threshold defined in adatative radio management settings, how does client moves to optimus radio?

I found some information about Patent 8401554, does wrong AP hide the SSID to the client in probe request? Is it possible that clients moves to the optimum AP by 802.11v protocol?

I appreciate all your help,

Thanks,

Xavi,

Not all clients support the 802.11v protocol.  Please see the ClientMach technical brief here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/solutions/TB_ClientMatch.pdf

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Ok thanks,

and when client has been rejected from wrong AP by de-auths, what happen when does the client conected to another AP?  How does client conect to another AP in hardly interrupting? 

Thanks for all,

Guru Elite

Please speak to your Aruba sales representative for a full explanation.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi, 

I try to analize the virtual beacon reports  of client match. Can you tell the relation bettwen dBm to  RSSI (received signal strength indicator)?

Thanks for all, 

Xavi

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: