Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

How does flash manage Configs between partitions on controller?

Hi

How does a Controller manage config files between diffrent partitions? Reason being is I have a partition running 6.3.1.8 and the other on 6.3.1.1. My config is saved in default.cfg

When I boot into 6.3.1.8 quite a large portion of config is missing, however when I boot my partition with 6.3.1.1 the config loads as expected.

Does the config files live on a third partition, do they live in on a flash ROM or is there a copy of each file in each partition??? 

Kind Regards

Hendrik

Guru Elite

Re: How does flash manage Configs between partitions on controller?

It should be the same copy of the config.  It should be no different.  What part of the config is missing?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Hi

When booting with partition where 6.3.1.8 my VAPs and IP config (I have also noticed my defaul 802.1x auth profile missing) for the controller is missing - rebooting into 6.3.1.1 it is back again as normal.

What syntax can I give to the "copy" command to manually copy the config from partition 1 to partition 0

Guru Elite

Both configs reside in flash, and do not exist in separate partitions.  You can copy it by using "copy flash: oldfilename flash: new filename"  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/copy.htm

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Thanks Joseph - Will give it a try and let you know how it goes. Currently the system is running and I will need to wait for downtime to see if copying the config to a new name and booting from it will give me any luck.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: