Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How make Handheld device roamming on IAP?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  How make Handheld device roamming on IAP?

Posted Jan 30, 2018 12:19 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have Handheld 802.1 a/b/g/n how to config roamming like ClientMatch?

When connected on IAP1 then i walk nearby IAP2 hendheld don't connnect to IAP2.

Best Regards,

BABABA

• 2.  RE: How make Handheld device roamming on IAP?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 30, 2018 06:13 AM

It is the clients decision which AP it will roam too, not the AP. You can use ClientMatch however to influence the devices decision to roam.

Are you able to identify the received signal strength from each AP where the client is located? It might be high enough that the client does not roam.

During the mean time, more info on Client Match can be found here.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_40_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/ARM/ARM_Features.htm#Spectrum

• 3.  RE: How make Handheld device roamming on IAP?

Posted Jan 30, 2018 11:01 AM

Hi Zalion0,

The CliantMatch doesn't supported a/b/g right?

I show you table below.

ddddd.png

• 4.  RE: How make Handheld device roamming on IAP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2018 06:32 AM

wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have Handheld 802.1 a/b/g/n how to config roamming like ClientMatch?

When connected on IAP1 then i walk nearby IAP2 hendheld don't connnect to IAP2.

Best Regards,

BABABA

Clients make the decision to roam themselves.  On the infrastructure side, you can encourage them however by:

- Lowering the transmit power of the access points

- Removing the lower transmit rates on the SSID profile.  An example of how to remove lower rates is here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/Why-do-I-need-to-disable-lower-data-rates-on-802-11g-band/ta-p/174978

Client Match is not a roaming mechanism because it does not trigger often enough to help a moving client.  It should not be relied on for roaming, because it is not intended for that.

• 5.  RE: How make Handheld device roamming on IAP?

Posted Jan 30, 2018 11:03 AM

Hi