Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

How many AP groups can I configure ?

Hi,All

I want to know it.

How many AP groups can you set with a controller?
In addition, how many SSID profiles can set with a controller?
Somebody tell me the maximum number.

We are required by a customer. "Being able to be configuring with a controller for 512 groups"

Regards

Valued Contributor II

Re: How many AP groups can I configure ?

Hi

As such there is no limit for creating AP-Groups in a controller. we can create any number of SSID profiles and VAP profiles limit will be mapping. we can map max 16 VAP profiles to one AP-Group and each VAP can be mapped with one SSID profile. 

Can you explain your use case scenario of creating 512 AP-groups in controller ? are you going to provision separate AP-group to each AP ?

Please feel free to comeback on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]

Hi,Venu

Thank you for your response.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
max 16 VAP profiles to one AP-Group and each VAP can be mapped with one SSID profile.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understood a limit.

Can you explain your use case scenario of creating 512 AP-groups in controller ?
Yes, I am going to provision separate AP-group to each AP.

I make grouping and want to manage it in 512 groups every area.
I recognize that there are 16 limits of the SSID.
I want to distribute a group for the management with a controller.

Regards

Guru Elite

Mika,

AP-Groups are designed to give the same settings to a group of access points.  You should not have a separate ap-group for each access point.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Valued Contributor II

HI Mika,

Until and unless you want to broadcast separate SSID per AP we don't need to provision them with separate AP-group.

We can use the same AP-group to provision multiple APs, in case if you want to broadcast same SSID but with some changes per AP you have "AP specific Config " option.

Please look at the above option. managing 512 AP-groups is really very cumbersome

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]

Thank you for your suggestion.
really useful information.

Thank you for your information!
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: