Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How many Mulch-Hop can I configure in a ,mesh network and does it affect the permanence?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How many Mulch-Hop can I configure in a ,mesh network and does it affect the permanence?

Posted May 22, 2014 03:55 PM

How many Mulch-Hop can I configure in a ,mesh network and does it affect the permanence?

• 2.  RE: How many Mulch-Hop can I configure in a ,mesh network and does it affect the permanence?

Posted May 22, 2014 05:27 PM
    A couple of things :
    - type of ap
    - distance
    - LOS

• 3.  RE: How many Mulch-Hop can I configure in a ,mesh network and does it affect the permanence?

Posted May 22, 2014 11:56 PM
    In Aruba OS mesh we try to avoid more than 6 hops. It's not a definitive number, but it's certainly a good start.

• 4.  RE: How many Mulch-Hop can I configure in a ,mesh network and does it affect the permanence?

Posted May 23, 2014 11:07 AM

Ok lets say I'm using MSR2K what will be the number ?

and what if I'm using AP175 what will b the number?

and If i'm using AP175 Can I do this as I have 2.4 and 5 GHZ independat radios?

• 5.  RE: How many Mulch-Hop can I configure in a ,mesh network and does it affect the permanence?
    Best Answer

• 6.  RE: How many Mulch-Hop can I configure in a ,mesh network and does it affect the permanence?

Posted May 23, 2014 03:35 PM
    As victorfabian said the outdoor VRDs will definitely help you understand the best practices with outdoor mesh. It'll help you understand all of the factors that affect your links and network performance as well.

As far as the AP-175 goes you'll typically be using the 2.4 as an access radio since you don't have the ability to swap it to the 5 Ghz band like you do with the mesh series.