Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

How many Mulch-Hop can I configure in a ,mesh network and does it affect the permanence?

[ Edited ]

How many Mulch-Hop can I configure in a ,mesh network and does it affect the permanence?

MVP

Re: How many Mulch-Hop can I configure in a ,mesh network and does it affect the permanence?

A couple of things :
- type of ap
- distance
- LOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
MVP

Re: How many Mulch-Hop can I configure in a ,mesh network and does it affect the permanence?

In Aruba OS mesh we try to avoid more than 6 hops. It's not a definitive number, but it's certainly a good start.
ACDX #419 | ACMP |
Frequent Contributor II

Ok lets say I'm using MSR2K what will be the number ?

and what if I'm using AP175 what will b the number?

and If i'm using AP175 Can I do this as I have 2.4 and 5 GHZ independat radios?

MVP

You should read the following :

http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/AP_OutdoorPointToPoint.pdf

http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/OMWN_VRD_2012-01-04-1.pdf

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
MVP

As victorfabian said the outdoor VRDs will definitely help you understand the best practices with outdoor mesh. It'll help you understand all of the factors that affect your links and network performance as well.

As far as the AP-175 goes you'll typically be using the 2.4 as an access radio since you don't have the ability to swap it to the 5 Ghz band like you do with the mesh series.
ACDX #419 | ACMP |
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: