Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How many clients can an AP-65 provide access to?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How many clients can an AP-65 provide access to?

Posted May 17, 2013 02:30 AM

I have a project to build a wirless environment, and currently I have only AP-65 and AP-105 these two kinds of APs. I am not sure how many clients can an AP-65 provide access to? Is that num a accurate one or it depends on what your clients will do with the network? Thanks so much~

• 2.  RE: How many clients can an AP-65 provide access to?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2013 03:59 AM

Depends on the applications on those devices and of course the capability of your clients and it will vary based on your environemtn and client mix.   The AP105 of course can support more pure 802.11n clients than an AP65....

• 3.  RE: How many clients can an AP-65 provide access to?

Posted May 18, 2013 08:49 AM

If you are doing video/voice  i would say that 8 or 10 per radio? Where 8 in 2.4ghz and 10 in 5ghz? :)

If you just doing normal things like browsing  and that kind of stuff i would say like 15 or 17 per radio?

Like Collin said it depends on what kind of application you using... if you got many internal application heavy ones you would not want many clients on one band... specially in 2.4ghz which there is a lot of interference and noise...

Rember also you going with old g which is just 54mbs...

Hope this info helps you

Cheers

Carlos