Wireless Access

New Contributor

How many clients can an AP-65 provide access to?

I have a project to build a wirless environment, and currently I have only AP-65 and AP-105 these two kinds of APs. I am not sure how many clients can an AP-65 provide access to? Is that num a accurate one or it depends on what your clients will do with the network? Thanks so much~

Guru Elite

Re: How many clients can an AP-65 provide access to?

Depends on the applications on those devices and of course the capability of your clients and it will vary based on your environemtn and client mix.   The AP105 of course can support more pure 802.11n clients than an AP65....

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Re: How many clients can an AP-65 provide access to?

[ Edited ]

If you are doing video/voice  i would say that 8 or 10 per radio? Where 8 in 2.4ghz and 10 in 5ghz? :)

If you just doing normal things like browsing  and that kind of stuff i would say like 15 or 17 per radio?

Like Collin said it depends on what kind of application you using... if you got many internal application heavy ones you would not want many clients on one band... specially in 2.4ghz which there is a lot of interference and noise...

Rember also you going with old g which is just 54mbs...

Hope this info helps you

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: