Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

How "protect windows bridge" works in the ids unauthorized device profile?

Hi,

Can someone advise how "protect windows bridge" option in the ids unathorized device profile works?

Once i create a windows bridge on windows XP station, selecting the lan NIC and wireless NIC, right click, and bridge connection. I am not able to connect to the wireless ssid, irrespective of whether i have the "protect windows bridge" turned on or off in the controller.

Guru Elite

Re: How "protect windows bridge" works in the ids unauthorized device profile?

yogenpartha wrote:

Hi,

Can someone advise how "protect windows bridge" option in the ids unathorized device profile works?

Once i create a windows bridge on windows XP station, selecting the lan NIC and wireless NIC, right click, and bridge connection. I am not able to connect to the wireless ssid, irrespective of whether i have the "protect windows bridge" turned on or off in the controller.

While you probably have to look on one of Microsoft's pages to learn how to bridge XP devices, the user guide mentions what happens when that feature is enabled on the controller.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/New_WIP/Intrusion_Protection.htm#new_wip_1365762209_1025519

"Protecting Windows Bridge

Protecting from a Windows Bridge involves containing the client that is forming the bridge so that it can not connect to the AP"

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: