Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

How to Configure VIA with Master/Local Deployment

I'm configuring VIA for the first time and need some pointers. I've been following these instructions:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/VIA/Configuring_the_VIA_.htm

When it comes to things like authentication and connection profiles, do I need to configure them on the local that will be terminating the VIA sessions? Or should it be configured on the master controller that is used to push configurations down to several local controllers?

Since PEFV is a controller license, I have it set up on the local but can't currently find my license for the master. This means certain configuration elements don't show up on the Master. If I configure them on the local, then hit "Save Configuraiton" on the master, is it going to overwrite the work I've done on the local?

Thanks,

Swack

Guru Elite

Re: How to Configure VIA with Master/Local Deployment

Both controllers will need a PEFV license but everything except VPN pools will be configured on the master and pushed down.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
MVP

Re: How to Configure VIA with Master/Local Deployment

Also make sure that the VIA pool / VIA Profile is assigned to the default_via_role if you are planning to have users on the local controller.

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: