Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

How to add printer to Guest Wi-Fi. %28guest connects through captive portal%29

MVP

Re: How to add printer to Guest Wi-Fi. %28guest connects through captive portal%29

[ Edited ]

Have you considered using MAC authentication to bypass the Captive Portal for certain devices? If you let us know a bit more about your deployment (IAP, controller based etc) we might be able to provide some instructions.

** EDIT **

Might be worth reading this...

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/Captive-portal-and-MAC-authentication/td-p/70320

ACMA, ACMP
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Guru Elite

Re: How to add printer to Guest Wi-Fi. %28guest connects through captive portal%29

You have not given us alot of details.  How you would add a printer of course depends on the printer capabilities and if the printer is even routable to the guest network.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Also:

- How are your guest users authenticating today?

- Do you have ClearPass?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

Both printer and users are in guest network. Guest network using captive portal for authentication.

Printer is getting IP address and pingable from other devices but user not able to print document.

Occasional Contributor I

Guest network uses captive portal authentication. both the user and printer are in same network (guest  network). Printer model is

Make: HP

Model: Clolor Laser Jet MFP M277dw.

Printer is getting the IP address but user not able to print the document. even user can able to ping the printer.

Occasional Contributor I

May I know how to do MAC authentication

Occasional Contributor I

here one more complication is there, this printer should be accessed only by 4 user not by all user connected to guest network.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: