Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

How to break up a master-local conmfiguration

[ Edited ]

Hi All

Can someone point me to some documentation about reconfiguring a master-local configuration to an all master config, please?

The current master controller is a 6000 series controller the local controllers are 3200 series boxes.

Thank you in advance

Zsolt

Aruba

Re: How to break up a master-local conmfiguration

On the locals

no masterip

It will need a reboot after that, and when it comes back it will be a master.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Occasional Contributor I

Thats easy :). Thanks. Should I be careful of anything (e.g. internal database, RAP whitelists)?

MVP

That will depend on your configuration, what you are trying to preserve, where you are needing to home APs to and what kinds of APs (CAPs, RAPs, etc). 

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Aruba

Anything handled by the master such as guest accounts, rap whitelists, macine-auth entries can be exported from the master and then imported in the locals.

If you have cpsec enabled, then all your APs will reboot and need to be recertified.  This will mean a slightly longer outage than just the controller rebooting.

If you have some advanced IDS stuff going on and/or it is a large deployment, might be worth exporting the WMS database as well.

It can be a relatively straightforward, but as jhoward mentioned, it will depend on your current config.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Occasional Contributor I

We have CAPs and RAPs on each locations. After breaking up the master-local relationshipwe have to retain all existing CAPs and RAPs and all of the MAC authentication informations across the entire organization.

Aruba

The MAC auth info will be in the local-userdb which you can export and then import into the locals.

In 6.3 the way that RAP whitelist was stored changed, and I can't work out how to do a bulk export.  You can view the entries with

show whitelist-db rap

It seems like you need to add each rap entry individually with the command.

whitelist-db rap add mac-address aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa ap-group <group> ap-name <name>

In pre 6.3 it was relatively easy because the rap whitelist was in the local-userdb-ap.

If anyone knows a way to export the RAP whitelist in 6.3 and above, please advise.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Guru Elite

(192.168.1.3) #local-userdb export filename
Successfully exported 4 users and 4 CPSec Whitelist 3 RAP whitelist entries from the Internal User Database to filename

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

d'oh.  same as before then.  Thanks Colin.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks! This worked for me.

Kind regards

Zsolt

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: