Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to bypass my captive portal.

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  How to bypass my captive portal.

Posted Feb 11, 2015 08:27 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know an easy way to have certain clients bypass my captive portal? I don't want these clients to have to enter a username and password..I want them to authenticate automatically.

• 2.  RE: How to bypass my captive portal.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2015 08:29 AM
    Are you using ClearPass or the built in controller captive portal? 

• 3.  RE: How to bypass my captive portal.

Posted Feb 11, 2015 09:17 AM

Internal captive portal.

• 4.  RE: How to bypass my captive portal.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 11, 2015 08:32 AM

You can either use mac authentication on that SSID (valid mac addresses are assigned a role that does not force captive portal login) or use user derived rules that are based on mac addresses that assign a similar role.    The first option is more scalable, but either one depends on the mac address of the device to be known in order to assign an alternate role to bypass the captive portal page.

• 5.  RE: How to bypass my captive portal.

Posted Feb 11, 2015 09:19 AM

I would only be doing this for a handfull of devices. I would be using the controller captive portal, no clearpass implementation here.

• 6.  RE: How to bypass my captive portal.

Posted Feb 11, 2015 11:40 AM

In AAA profile enable mac authentication with internal DB as auth source.

mac11.png

In internal DB add the usres mac as user name and password. There you can assign role for that user also.

mac22.png

• 7.  RE: How to bypass my captive portal.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2015 02:36 AM

I normally just put in a user derivation rule for that mac and put them into the authenticated guest role.

This is helpful for things like digital signage or display tablets in foyers etc.