Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

How to config des-nat via OS6.2

HI,

I want to access a switch (in aruba inside) from internet.

What could I setup ?

The switch is connect on mesh-point's ethernet.

so, it is one mesh client on the aruba client table.

I want to http & telnet it from internet.

How can I do it ?

Thanks.

Aruba Employee

Re: How to config des-nat via OS6.2

Trying to get some additional details about the query here.

You have a switch connected to the mesh point's ethernet port and it is showing up on the controller's user-table?

Is the wired port on mesh-point trusted or untrusted?

Is this switch meant to host wired clients via the mesh link?

How is the wan link connectivity coming into the controller? Is there a public ip interface configured directly on the controller vlan interface or does the controller do uplink connectivity to a firewall and the firewall NAT's the traffic into public domain?

Barath Srinivasan
Customer Engineering Architect
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks Inc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution", in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Occasional Contributor I

HI,

Ya, It is show in controller's client table.

Wire Port is untrusted, When wire-client on-line, they will get a allow-all role.

Because some server in the mesh-point's wire port.

So, I want to do static NAT, mapping it.

Thanks.

Aruba Employee

There needs to be a public ip, to which a WAN based user would initiate HTTP/HTTPS or TELNET.

This needs to be NAT'ed at the FW level and redirected to the static LAN IP of the server connected to the mesh point's enet port.

However, need to ensure that the routing (and vlans) from the FW --> Controller --> switch behind mesh point 

is already in place.

As for the controller rorle itself, just need to ensure that the services HTTP/HTTPS & TELNET is permitted.

Barath Srinivasan
Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution", in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Occasional Contributor I

HI,

I have some public ip can use~

What can I config it about static NAT mapping ?

Thanks.

Aruba Employee

As mentioned in the post above, ideally - perform a one to one NAT b/w the public ip and the desired server (behind the mesh link).

Just make sure to permit the relevant services such as Telnet & http on the controller-role in which the server is placed.

Barath Srinivasan
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: