Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to connect TL-WA850RE to AP-93

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to connect TL-WA850RE to AP-93

Posted Dec 14, 2014 05:11 PM

Hello
    In a small school building we have AP-93 but that device can't cover all classrooms . Someone decided to buy few TL-WA850RE to extend range of WiFi. Unfortunately I was unable to find how to connect both devices based on documentation "Aruba Instant User Guide". I had to switch off "ARM" functionality in AP-93 because with this functionality TL-WA850RE could not connect to AP-93. Now it looks that TL-WA850RE can connect to AP-93 but any other client can not connect to AP-93 through TL-WA850RE.
    Maybe I should switch off IDS on AP-93 ?
    Could you please help me and suggest how to configure AP-93 with four TL-WA850RE ?

• 2.  RE: How to connect TL-WA850RE to AP-93

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2014 12:22 AM

Krakow4

Try the following. If this is an Instant AP, edit the network, choose advanced on the first tab at the bottom, then under the heading of Broadcast/Multicast set the drop down for "Broadcast Filtering" to none (default is arp). If this is campus AP, then there is a similar option under the ssid profile.

regards

-jeff

• 3.  RE: How to connect TL-WA850RE to AP-93

Posted Dec 17, 2014 10:46 AM

Thank you for your suggestion.

I described your advices to our administrator but it looks that our aruba is configured as a campus AP our admin can't find such options.
    Do we have any other possibility?
    Regards.

• 4.  RE: How to connect TL-WA850RE to AP-93

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 17, 2014 10:52 AM
      |   view attached

hi Krakow4

uhh, sorry, I told you to look in the wrong place in the case of campus AP, it's under the virtual ap profile (not the SSID profile).

Please see attached image to give you a hint.

You should only turn these filters off on the virtual AP that you are using the bridge device, otherwise you may allow too much junk from the LAN to be broadcast out to the WLAN.

regards

-jeff

• 5.  RE: How to connect TL-WA850RE to AP-93

Posted Dec 20, 2014 02:08 PM

might not be what you want to hear but just buy more APs and not range extenders or stuff like that.

• 6.  RE: How to connect TL-WA850RE to AP-93

Posted Mar 13, 2015 04:58 PM
    Hello.
    Thank you for advices (regarding the last one --- I'm from Poland and I do it as a voluntary in a small school in small village. So there is no budget no money, etc.... )
    After changes which were proposed by I can connect to AP-93 but I can't route/connect to interent.
    I thought that it is because IDS and options such as Deny Inter User Bridging and Deny Local Routing but after change settings to Disable I still have the same problem.
    Can you please help me with this issue?

PS.:
    As I mentioned before it is Campus AP but I don't have access I have to forward your answers to owner of this installation.

• 7.  RE: How to connect TL-WA850RE to AP-93

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2015 12:38 AM

hi krakow4

does the end device get an ip address?

is the DHCP allocation correct at the client (dns, def gw, etc.)

does it appear in the usertable (show user) on the controller with that IP address / mac address ?

can it ping the default gateway ?

ping the def gw and collect "show datapath session table <ip of client>" -- do you see the traffic

regards

-jeff