Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to disable AP225 eth1 port ?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How to disable AP225 eth1 port ?

Posted Jul 07, 2018 06:04 PM

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to disable Eth1 port of the AP225 ?

I tried to change the Ethernet Interface 1 port configuration to shutdown in the ap group configuration, but the interface remains up.

Could you guys help me with this case?

Regards

Thiago

• 2.  RE: How to disable AP225 eth1 port ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2018 03:08 AM

The only real way to shut down an AP225 eth1 port is to not plug it in AFAIK.  Making a port "shut" in the configuration closes it off to user traffic, and not infrastructure functions like redundancy.

• 3.  RE: How to disable AP225 eth1 port ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2018 04:25 AM
    Hi

If it is a demand from the customer to have it connected maybe you can switch it off on the switch side?

• 4.  RE: How to disable AP225 eth1 port ?

Posted Jul 09, 2018 09:02 AM

Hello, 

Thanks for the answers,

I dont know why, but the customer want to have the 2 ports plugged , but dont want to configure a lacp or shutdown the the port on the switch side.

I explained to him, if we disable it on the controller side, if the first port failure, the AP will be disconnected from the network and it will not work as a redundancy.

My doubt is, configuring the shutdown profile in the interface ethernet1 for the ap group will disable this port ? Or this configuration just work for aps like 205h ?

• 5.  RE: How to disable AP225 eth1 port ?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 09:11 AM
    It will not disable the port for AP redundancy

• 6.  RE: How to disable AP225 eth1 port ?

Posted Jul 09, 2018 09:15 AM
    Thanks