Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

How to disable AP225 eth1 port ?

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to disable Eth1 port of the AP225 ?

I tried to change the Ethernet Interface 1 port configuration to shutdown in the ap group configuration, but the interface remains up.

Could you guys help me with this case?

Regards

Thiago

Guru Elite

Re: How to disable AP225 eth1 port ?

The only real way to shut down an AP225 eth1 port is to not plug it in AFAIK.  Making a port "shut" in the configuration closes it off to user traffic, and not infrastructure functions like redundancy.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Regular Contributor II

Hi

If it is a demand from the customer to have it connected maybe you can switch it off on the switch side?

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'

Hello, 

Thanks for the answers,

I dont know why, but the customer want to have the 2 ports plugged , but dont want to configure a lacp or shutdown the the port on the switch side.

I explained to him, if we disable it on the controller side, if the first port failure, the AP will be disconnected from the network and it will not work as a redundancy.

My doubt is, configuring the shutdown profile in the interface ethernet1 for the ap group will disable this port ? Or this configuration just work for aps like 205h ?

Guru Elite

It will not disable the port for AP redundancy

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase

Thanks
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: