Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

How to get UCC data all the time?

Hi all,

I would like to know how interpret data from UGC Dashboard. I use a voice application on my aruba infrastructure. Sometimes the calls are qualified with  the state "failed" in the dashboard even if the calls were successful.Occasionnaly, the calls are qualified with the state "success" and UCC score and quality values. Is it possible to get these useful information all the time (Success State and UCC score and quality) in order to troubleshooting voice calls over WiFi?

Thanks you!! :)

Guru Elite

Re: How to get UCC data all the time?

Which UCC application are you using?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Cjoseph,

The application used is Cisco Jabber.

Best regards

Guru Elite

Jabber is a brand name for Cisco UCC.  The question is, are you using voice/video?  Is it using SIP or SCCP?  Is it encrypted or unencrypted?  The answer to these questions will determine if the calls status/quality can be recorded or reported.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

The application is used for voice? It use SIP and  it is encrypted.

Guru Elite

I do not believe we can get detailed call information from encrypted SIP sessions.

Colin Joseph

I am sorry, I think I did not understood your question about encryption. Only the ESSID is encrypted. I don't think SIP sessions are encrypted.
One time, we got detailed information as you can see in the screenshot

Capture1.JPG

Guru Elite

OK. If the sip sessions are not encrypted, we should get a great deal of information about calls. What are you missing?

Colin Joseph

Guru Elite

Okay, reading your email, you said that some are failed. What version. Of ArubaOS are you running?

Colin Joseph

Most of the time we don't get these information as you can see in this screenshot.

Capture2.JPG

There is a particular configuration to get all the information?

Thank you

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: