Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to get the BSSID available with an AP

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  How to get the BSSID available with an AP

Posted Jan 19, 2014 01:24 PM

HI, 

How can i find all the BSSID, mac-address available with an AP, based on its wired mac-address. 

The actual objective is how do i determine the mac-address of the AP, given the bssid from the AP. 

• 2.  RE: How to get the BSSID available with an AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 19, 2014 02:03 PM

show ap bss-table

• 3.  RE: How to get the BSSID available with an AP

Posted Jan 19, 2014 02:06 PM

Try this command :

(HOME-MASTER-CONTROLLER) #show  ap  details advanced wired-mac <wired mac>

• 4.  RE: How to get the BSSID available with an AP

Posted Jan 19, 2014 08:27 PM

But i dont have access to the controller. I am using the inssider to do a manual site survey, the information that i have is the bssids from different APs. How would i be able to know the mac-address of the AP, with just looking at the bssid.

• 5.  RE: How to get the BSSID available with an AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 19, 2014 10:12 PM

You should gain access to the controller, so that you can get the output of "show ap bss-table" and match them up to actual access points.  Your options are limited if you do not have access to the controller;  you would only be guessing.

• 6.  RE: How to get the BSSID available with an AP

Posted Feb 04, 2014 01:11 AM

Hi

Thank you all for replies. I understand finding the mac-address of the AP with given the BSSID is not possible, unless checked on the controller. 

Found this thread useful, on how to get the bssids available with an AP. 

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/BSSID-for-the-SSID/td-p/135793

Thank you everyone again.