Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

How to make Aruba automaticaly set channel but not power

[ Edited ]

Hello ,

On Aruba AP's when ARM is anabled; both channel and power is adjusted automatcally by the system. However I want only automatic channel adjustmet, while the power is kept maximum for all AP's. Is that  possible.

MVP

Re: How to make Aruba automaticaly set channel but not power

Make sure you do this carefully because it could impact your wireless performance .

Is there any particular reason you are doing this ?

You can set the min/max power to 33 :

All Profile Management_2013-06-11_08-30-00.png

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Occasional Contributor II

Hello 

Thanks for your reply; and sorry for my late reply.

We have a campus, using Aruba wireless, and we want the maximum coverage possible. Performace on the other hand, is not the first deal; as long as it is not unacceptably bad. 

We have some installations where the the AP's can sense each other better than the clients sense the AP's. You may think that this is a wrong instalation; but, especially in buildings with long corridors surrounded by small rooms, this is unavoidable. In such cases since many AP have line of sight, they have good conduct with each other that  they decrese their power. Unfortunately, since the clients are inside the rooms, there exist several walls between clients and AP's. Therefore I decided to try such stuation that AP's operate at maximum power. Up to know I have had no problem. 

Occasional Contributor I

I'm very curious how this worked out for you. We have a very similar situation - we've just replaced all the Merus we had in our dorms with 135s, and are hearing about problems in rooms. Aps are in the hallways, and general RF coverage seems fine. We'll be doing some surveying in the rooms over the next few days.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: