Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to manually failover AP in High Availability: Fast Failover w/o preemption?

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  How to manually failover AP in High Availability: Fast Failover w/o preemption?

Posted Feb 17, 2014 07:46 AM

In dual role without preemption if an AP that has failed over to a standby should attempt to connect back to its original active switch once that switch is reachable again.

In VRRP design I would use vrrp shutdown for assigned vid, so that all APs moves to the high priority controller again.

How do I this in FF so that APs goes to their LMS from Backup LMS if "Allow Preemption" is disabled?

• 2.  RE: How to manually failover AP in High Availability: Fast Failover w/o preemption?

Posted Feb 18, 2014 08:46 AM

Does nobody knows how mannually trigger an ap failover??

In RNs under AP Communication with Controllers described :

An AP will failover to its backup controller if it fails to contact its active controller through regular heartbeats and keepalive messages, or if the user manually triggers a failover using the WebUI or CLI

I can not find how I can do this manually

Thanks in advance for your response!

• 3.  RE: How to manually failover AP in High Availability: Fast Failover w/o preemption?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 05, 2014 01:00 PM

You can use the following CLI command to manually trigger a move of one or more APs from their current active controller to their current standby controller.

'ap-move all' - Moves all APs currently active on that controller to their standby

'ap-move ap-group <group-name>' - Moves all APs belonging to that AP group on that controller to their standby

'ap-move ap-name <ap-name>' - Moves only that AP to its standby

Hope that helps.