12-13-2011 11:08 AM
How to plan a site using the VRF Plan tool that is available from the Aruba support site.
- Adding a campus
- Adding a building
- uploading a cad file, selecting layers, cropping
- planning AP deployements
- duplicating floors
- Placing walls
- viewing the heatmap overlay and adjusting the floor display
- Generating a bill of materials report
There are additional advanced features that are not covered that include:
- Planning Air Monitors
- Customizing network and campus backgrounds
- Exporting information to be imported into AirWave
- Manually placing APs
- Preferences configuration
- Setting the origin point for multifloor relationships
08-29-2015 06:20 PM
Waow, amazing tool, is that part of Aruba software management or do we need a license for it?
I'm about to purchase 30 IAP 215. thanks for the video, very helpful.
Oh, one more thing, what's the recommanded placement vertical against the wall vs horizontal ceiling set?
08-31-2015 08:57 AM
VRF plan is standalone and doesn't require a license.
For the IAP-215 you can look at the antenna patterns to understand optimal placing.
Basically they are meant for ceiling mounting.
-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
08-31-2015 09:33 AM
09-19-2015 08:31 AM
Technically, it's part of AirWave and you should have some type of AirWave license. ;-)
yeah i found that out the hard way when i wanted to report a bug for it, quite annoying.