Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to properly shut down airwave server to be moved

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  How to properly shut down airwave server to be moved

Posted Aug 26, 2016 11:30 AM

Easy question we are moving racks around in our data center and I need to know how to properly shut down the Airwave server? Strangly it is not included in any document which is related to airwave. I'm assuming it could be just unplugged but from my experince that is not a good idea. My linux team said to use #shutdown -fH now . I found a post on airheads said use # shutdown -h now.  I opnened a ticket with TAC they said to use # amp_disable  then  amp_enable . I'm guessing after it is unplugged and moved. Is Amp_disable shut the linux down properly ? I don't know should I do both amp_disable and shutdown -H now?  

It might be a good idea to put this in the user guide. 

• 2.  RE: How to properly shut down airwave server to be moved

Posted Aug 27, 2016 12:29 PM

Hi Kelly ,

It would be a good idea to put it in the handbook.

I use init 0 to completly shut down the machine. init 6 to restart the machine.

amp_disable and amp_enable would only stop and start the airwave service.

Johnny

• 3.  RE: How to properly shut down airwave server to be moved

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 11:30 AM

I use the command: poweroff to turn off the Airwave appliance safely. That works on most modern Linux based operating systems.

• 4.  RE: How to properly shut down airwave server to be moved
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 29, 2016 11:36 AM

We ended up using shutdown -h now TAC said that should work fine which it did instead of AMP_disable because then when it was powered back up the airwave server would just start back up automaticly.