Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

How to solve noise floor (dbm) ? My office use controller 650 and rap 109

Untitled.png

If the channel is 5 make quality is POOR, and noise floor is -82. I have the reboot the AP to making the channel is generate. But the channel not changing, anybody can help me ??

Thanks,

Nada

Guru Elite

Re: How to solve noise floor (dbm) ? My office use controller 650 and rap 109

What regulatory domain are you using?

Why are you using channels 5 and 7?  You should start using 1,6,11 first....  That could be your problem.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi Joseph,
The channel use the auto channel, how to setup manual channel to 4 Rap-109?
or setup auto channel who changing channel when the noise floor interferance?
thanks
Guru Elite

What are the channels in your regulatory domain profile and what is your regulatory domain? Those channels are too close together..

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

in the building have many office and not have regulatory domain/channel.
do you tutor me to config the controller? how to make auto channel with sensor changing when the noise floor interference. so the controller can set channel 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 with automatical
Guru Elite

Who setup the controller?
What country?

Colin Joseph

Regular Contributor I

Nada,

i think you misunderstand how channels work in the 2.4 GHz range

See here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8c/2.4_GHz_Wi-Fi_channels_%28802.11b,g_WLAN%29.svg/2000px-2.4_GHz_Wi-Fi_channels_%28802.11b,g_WLAN%29.svg.png

The channels over lap, and therefore you should only use non-over lapping channels. If you use channels 5 and 7 they will be broadcasting in the same frequency and will interfere with each other. This is why cjoseph i asking which domain you are in so he can recommend the correct channels for you. In most cases it will be channels 1, 6, 11. You should not enabled all channels as this will lead to many issues.

Here is a guide how you can configure the channels in your regulatory domain profile. This profile will tell ARM which channels it can use

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/AP_Config/AP_Channel_Assignments.htm

_ELiasz

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA

im from indonesia, sorry my english is bad. but i understand the channel is work.
what aruba can detect the noise floor? if detect the noise floor, aruba can change channel automatic.
example : if aruba channel 5, but channel 5 is interference. so aruba changing channel automati to 8 or 11.
How to setup this auto channel??
thanks
Regular Contributor I

This is controlled by the feature called ARM. It is enabled per radio on the Access point in the AP Group profile.

On you controller browse to

Configuration > AP Group > Edit Your AP Group > RF Management > 802.11a Radio > Adaptive Radio Management

ARM handles all channel changes and power settings for the Aruba APs. If features like Client Aware are enabled the APs will not change their settings while a client is connected. If you want it to change anyway diable Client Aware.

Here is some high level info about ARM: http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/solutions/TB_ARM.pdf

And a config doc: https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/70/1204/1/ARM+Doc+Supplement.pdf

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Guru Elite

NADA! wrote:
im from indonesia, sorry my english is bad. but i understand the channel is work.
what aruba can detect the noise floor? if detect the noise floor, aruba can change channel automatic.
example : if aruba channel 5, but channel 5 is interference. so aruba changing channel automati to 8 or 11.
How to setup this auto channel??
thanks

By default, the channels should be 1, 6 and 11.  By default, automatic channels changing works properly.  If your access points are on channel 5, you modified it, and it will not work properly.  It needs to be only channels 1, 6 and 11 in your regulatory domain profile, because the other channels will cause interference.  You need to change it back to the defaults.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: