Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to stop the response from "show tech support" on Aruba controller?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  How to stop the response from "show tech support" on Aruba controller?

Posted Apr 18, 2017 04:18 AM

Hi,

I have issued the tech-support(show ap tech-support ap-name <ap-name>) for few of the APs in my network. However it is taking over 10 mins for each individual AP and the controller console and GUI are not accessible for other activities.
    I need to pause or stop the response getting printed on the console.

Ctrl+c is not working. Please suggest.

• 2.  RE: How to stop the response from "show tech support" on Aruba controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2017 04:30 AM

The CLI is single-threaded, which means only one person can type at a time.  That will stop anything else that somebody is doing.   If it is taking long for tech-support, that means there is slow connectivity with that AP. You typically have to wait for it to time out before trying again.

• 3.  RE: How to stop the response from "show tech support" on Aruba controller?

Posted Apr 18, 2017 04:36 AM

Thanks again Joseph for the prompt response.

Actually, I have issued tech-support for a bunch of APs and waiting for all of them to get printed will take a lot of time.

Is there any key sequence that can have the continous print of controller console to seize?

In Cisco we do ctrl+c to stop the console messages. Is there any thing of similar sort in Aruba?

• 4.  RE: How to stop the response from "show tech support" on Aruba controller?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2017 04:46 AM

For collecting a tech support for an AP, there is nothing to break it out.  Typically if you have good connectivity to an AP, it will spit back the tech support fairly quickly.  

• 5.  RE: How to stop the response from "show tech support" on Aruba controller?

Posted Apr 18, 2017 04:57 AM

Actually these are the mesh point APs and thus giving me a tough time. Its taking over 15 mins for few of the APs.

My bad that I copied and pasted the tech-support for a bunch of APs on the controller, assuming it would happen as quickly as I had observed in Campus APs.

Really appreciate your responses.

Would had been greatly handy if the auto paste of "tech-support" for the very next AP in succession be stopped from Controller :(

• 6.  RE: How to stop the response from "show tech support" on Aruba controller?

Posted Dec 14, 2019 07:01 AM

I am stuck in the same problem. My output runs for 2 hours now! I have 80 remote APs. Would be very helpfull to be able stop that and continue to work!

Please help.

• 7.  RE: How to stop the response from "show tech support" on Aruba controller?

Posted Dec 14, 2019 09:45 AM

really long time thing but there is no way out - so be aware it might take hours even if your uplink to the APs is fast. 89 APs and 2 controllers took 3 1/4 hour for me.