Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Hybrid Mode Disconnects?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hybrid Mode Disconnects?

Posted Feb 19, 2013 09:58 AM

I'm not sure if this is pure coincidence, but it seems like every time I enabled a floor of APs to work in hybrid mode, I end up with several clients getting disconnected throughout the day.  Several colleagues and myself all connecting to the same AP, got disconnecting at the same time - twice.  I setup our MACs for debugging a couple of weeks ago since we were occasionally getting disconnected, and here is the message I'm seeing logged for us:

Feb 19 08:25:31 :501065:  <DBUG> |stm|  send_ageout_sta_ack 8157: Send ageout sta aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff ack back to AP (X.X.X.X)
    Feb 19 08:25:31 :501105:  <NOTI> |stm|  Deauth from sta: aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff: AP X.X.X.X-aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff-CAP01 Reason Unspecified Failure

I opened a case with TAC and send them the tech support logs from immediately after this occured.  I thought I'd see if anyone else here has come across this behavior or can decrypt the above error message?

• 2.  RE: Hybrid Mode Disconnects?

Posted Feb 20, 2013 05:30 AM

Both of these messages are nornal part of aging out a station and not related to why the station connection failed - sorry.

send_ageout_sta_ack;

The AP tells the controller the staion has gone away, and this mesage is saying the controller got that message and is sending an ack to the AP so its ok for the AP to delete the staion from its tables.

Deauth from STA - this started the process off the AP received a deauth so started to delete the station

• 3.  RE: Hybrid Mode Disconnects?

Posted Feb 20, 2013 10:30 AM

Thanks for the explanation.

This is an incredibly frustating occurence and I was hoping these messages pointed to the root cause.

• 4.  RE: Hybrid Mode Disconnects?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 06, 2013 11:17 PM

I'd like to provide an update regarding this issue.

I just realized (doh!) that the AP 105's don't support hybrid mode.  The ArubaOS 6.2 release notes mention that AP 105s now support hybrid mode.  I believe it is now reasonable to say that yes, there are definitely issues with configuring AP 105s in hybrid mode as it's not supported prior to 6.2.0.3! :smileyembarrassed: