Wireless Access

Contributor I

I am running a cli report for a bssid table but only want to see certain columns using modifiers

I want to run a CLI command

show ap bss-table essid "SSID"  but I only want to see the bssid and the ap name.

Are there output modifiers that would let me only see those two columns? Any help would be appreciated.

Guru Elite

Re: I am running a cli report for a bssid table but only want to see certain columns using modifiers

You can only grep on rows using "| include".  You cannot eliminate columns.  Your alternative is to export the output to text, import in excel as a CSV and remove the columns you don't want.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Re: I am running a cli report for a bssid table but only want to see certain columns using modifiers

You might be able to use AirRecorder (careful with usage, always test) to extract the columns. I feel like I've extracted specific columns before on cli output - https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/AirRecorder-Tutorial-Part-2/ta-p/221390 Normally I just use AirRecorder to generate my bss-table text, do a few quick find/replaces/processing with Notepad++, then link it to my Excel file for further processing (ssid labeling/band nicknames) - (I generate a Wi-Fi Analyzer import this way).

#AirheadsMobile
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: