Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I can ping the AP,but status Is Down from web

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  I can ping the AP,but status Is Down from web

Posted Nov 09, 2015 01:17 AM

dear sir, I had a 224 status is down form web, but can ping the AP from controller ,and system ststus of the AP is error retrieving status.. no AP found with ip-addr *.*.*.*,so, how can I fix the 224。

• 2.  RE: I can ping the AP,but status Is Down from web

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 09, 2015 04:21 AM

Hi, could be a number of reasons but a few you can check :

- What type of AP is this? A Campus AP or Remote AP? Check the #show datapath session to confirm if there is any traffic from the AP

- Check the logs #show log all | include XXXXX (where XXXXX is the MAC) to confirm if there is any errors

- Check your licenses to confirm there is no license issues #show license limits 

- Confirm there is no duplicate IP issues by checking the ARP table on the switch

- Confirm if the AP has power and the LED's are lit

- Confirm there is no firewalls blocking the IPSEC/PAPI traffic between the AP and controller.

Regards, Craig

• 3.  RE: I can ping the AP,but status Is Down from web

Posted Nov 09, 2015 05:21 AM

dear sir

1. The AP type is 224, Campus AP 

2.  #show datapath session  , The AP have packets to the controller, but controller no traffic reply AP.

3. show log all | include 94b4-0fc9-cc34    no log

4.#show license limits                               license ok

5.no duplicate IP 

6.AP has power,the LED's of PWR, Eth0, Eth1 are light, but 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz are dark.

7.Between the AP and controller no firewall

I think the 224 AP had hardware Problems, how kind method can find it .

• 4.  RE: I can ping the AP,but status Is Down from web

Posted Dec 20, 2015 07:32 AM

did you ever solve this?

if you do see traffic from the AP to MC, but nothing returning to the AP then i doubt a hardware issue with the AP.

did you try reseting AP? did you try to connect a console cable and check output?