Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I have a 7200 controller. How can I force disconnect a client connected to one of the APs.%0D%0A

This thread has been viewed 54 times
  • 1.  I have a 7200 controller. How can I force disconnect a client connected to one of the APs.%0D%0A

Posted Sep 16, 2016 10:44 AM

I have a 7200 controller. How can I force disconnect a client connected to one of the APs.The CLI "disconnect-user <IP address>" doesn't seem to work. Am I using the wrong command ?

Bob

• 2.  RE: I have a 7200 controller. How can I force disconnect a client connected to one of the APs.%0D%0A
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 10:54 AM

Client Supplicants will just reconnect a user that has been disconnected or deauthed.  It it is better that you blacklist a client and then un-blacklist a client if you want them truly disconnected.

If you just want to log out a captive portal user, I would type "aaa user delete mac <mac address of user>"

• 3.  RE: I have a 7200 controller. How can I force disconnect a client connected to one of the APs.%0D%0A

Posted Oct 16, 2018 07:53 AM
    Is there anyway I could do on web gui?
    Controller is running on AOS 8

• 4.  RE: I have a 7200 controller. How can I force disconnect a client connected to one of the APs.%0D%0A

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2018 10:57 AM

@kenjiyong90 wrote:

Currently, this can only be done from the CLI in AOS 8.

• 5.  RE: I have a 7200 controller. How can I force disconnect a client connected to one of the APs.%0D%0A

Posted May 23, 2019 09:40 AM

@cclemmer wrote:

@kenjiyong90 wrote:

Currently, this can only be done from the CLI in AOS 8.

Can this be done from the MM in AOS 8 or does it need to be done from mdconnect?

• 6.  RE: I have a 7200 controller. How can I force disconnect a client connected to one of the APs.%0D%0A

Posted May 23, 2019 09:52 AM

not too sure about it as i have not tried it before.
    but only way now is thru the CLI.