Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I have a VeriFone Vx 670 and cannot get it connected to WiFi through my hotspot. Any suggestions?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I have a VeriFone Vx 670 and cannot get it connected to WiFi through my hotspot. Any suggestions?

Posted Feb 14, 2014 03:58 PM

• 2.  RE: I have a VeriFone Vx 670 and cannot get it connected to WiFi through my hotspot. Any suggestions?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2014 02:08 PM

What authentication method and encryption type are you using? PSK? 802.1X? Open?

• 3.  RE: I have a VeriFone Vx 670 and cannot get it connected to WiFi through my hotspot. Any suggestions?

Posted Feb 17, 2014 04:44 PM

WPA-PSK

• 4.  RE: I have a VeriFone Vx 670 and cannot get it connected to WiFi through my hotspot. Any suggestions?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2014 04:52 PM

Is it getting an IP address?

Do you see it in the user-table? If so, what role is getting? (show user-table)

• 5.  RE: I have a VeriFone Vx 670 and cannot get it connected to WiFi through my hotspot. Any suggestions?

Posted Feb 17, 2014 05:05 PM
      |   view attached

It's not recognizing anything. IP setting is set to DHCP. I even set it to static once and entered the IP for my hotspot, but still got nothing. I'm not sure if that was the way to do that or not though.

• 6.  RE: I have a VeriFone Vx 670 and cannot get it connected to WiFi through my hotspot. Any suggestions?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2014 07:26 AM

Is this a 2.4G network? Is another device in the same area able to connect?

• 7.  RE: I have a VeriFone Vx 670 and cannot get it connected to WiFi through my hotspot. Any suggestions?

Posted Feb 18, 2014 12:32 PM
    I'm not sure about the 2.4 G network, but I connect my laptop and another co-worker whenever needed. It just seems like there is a setting within the unit that isn't set correctly.

Regards,
    Jim Goss | General Manager | Tour 18 Houston
    3102 FM 1960 East | Humble, TX. 77338 | P: 281.540.1818

"Connecting With Golfers Through Our Shared Love Of The Game"

[T18 Color logo] [Facebookicon] [Twittericon]

• 8.  RE: I have a VeriFone Vx 670 and cannot get it connected to WiFi through my hotspot. Any suggestions?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2014 04:09 PM

It's very difficult to find information about these devices (it might be intentional). You may need to contact your merchant or Verifone partner to help troubleshoot this.