Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I have an old Dell PowerConnect W-620, is it EoL?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  I have an old Dell PowerConnect W-620, is it EoL?

Posted Aug 28, 2016 01:57 PM

As the title indicates, I have a Dell W-620 that was in my lab about 4 years ago. During some testing, I'm pretty sure it was switched to ArubaOS vs Dell's version. Running 6.2.0.2.

I'd like to upgrade it's OS to the latest version and use it at home with two APs, but I no longer have access to software.

Is it EoL? Even if I did have access to software, is there even a newer version than what I'm running?

This thing has been in a box for 4+ years, but I'd hate to throw it away...

• 2.  RE: I have an old Dell PowerConnect W-620, is it EoL?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 28, 2016 03:38 PM

It is certainly end of sale.  If it has Aruba software, your problem will be that the licenses issued for ArubaOS software only work on Aruba Hardware...

• 3.  RE: I have an old Dell PowerConnect W-620, is it EoL?

Posted Aug 28, 2016 03:47 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm not able to login to download.dell-pwc.com. I've registered a few times now. Maybe that site is depriciated since HP bought Aruba and surely severed the partnership with Dell?

• 4.  RE: I have an old Dell PowerConnect W-620, is it EoL?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 28, 2016 03:58 PM

The site is not deprecated.  I am not sure how long it takes to get credentials on that site..