Wireless Access

Contributor I

I have blacklisting on for the SSID and blacklisted several MAC addresses but they still connect.

I have a guest SSID configured with no security or authentaction. I also have blacklisting on for the SSID and have blacklisted several MAC addresses but the clients are still able to connect. What am I doing wrong. We are using the IAP-225 FW 6.4.2.3-4.1.1.2_48114. Anyone else have a problem like this?

MVP

Re: I have blacklisting on for the SSID and blacklisted several MAC addresses but they still connect

[ Edited ]

Have you tried disconnecting the client ? And if the can reconnect

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Contributor I

Re: I have blacklisting on for the SSID and blacklisted several MAC addresses but they still connect

Hi Victor

Thanks for the fast responce. To answer your question, yes I blocked my own MAC address and took the laptop home last night and when I tried to connect to the Guest SSID I had no problems connecting and accessing the internet.

However, now my laptop doesn't show up as connected in the Virtual Controller GUI. 

Thanks Again

Ryan Houtz

MVP

Make sure it is enabled under the SSID > Security Tab

2015-09-16 10_00_34-Instant.png

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Contributor I

Hi Victor

Confirmed the Blacklisting is enabled on the SSID security tab.

We do have access rules setup to prevent users of the Guest SSID from accessing our network

PCs could that cause something like this?

YKKGuestSecurityTab.JPG

Community Administrator

I have expirenced similar behavior.

I think what Victor may have intended was to force a disconnect from the VC, not on the client side.

Once i forced the client away all worked properly in my scenario.

CWNA, ACMP, Security +
Contributor I

Hi Jamie

The only problem I have with that is the Virtual Controller isn't showing I'm connected but as seen below the computer is connected.

LaptopWiFi.JPG

YKKGuestClientList.JPG

Community Administrator

Can you see yourself in the user-table in CLI?

[cid:image001.png@01D0BEE9.3389CA30]
CWNA, ACMP, Security +
Contributor I

Hi Jamie

Nope it doesn't show me as connected in the CLI either.

I tried several commands to find it but none would. I jointed the YKKGuest SSID with my phone just to make sure that SSID would show connections and it does as seen below but my laptop mac address is not included. I want to note this problem seems to only occure with this SSID. If I connect to our normal SSID with the mac address blocked it won't associate with the AP.

Show ap association.JPG 

MVP

I recommend that you open a TAC case , I tested with the latest early release and it worked but I wouldn't recommend you to upgrade to that version
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: