Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I just got a 3200xm controller and I thought i set it up but how do i login from web?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I just got a 3200xm controller and I thought i set it up but how do i login from web?

Posted Jun 28, 2014 01:16 PM

I did the intial setup (to best of my knowledge) on the 3200xm but I can't figure out the IP address or at least how to access the box via web gui.  According to my ip scanner it is 10.0.1.21 but when I type that in my browser it can't get to it.

• 2.  RE: I just got a 3200xm controller and I thought i set it up but how do i login from web?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 28, 2014 01:18 PM

Use the console connection to get into the controller and type "show ip interface brief" to see what ip address it has.

• 3.  RE: I just got a 3200xm controller and I thought i set it up but how do i login from web?

Posted Jun 28, 2014 01:38 PM

i have a rj45 rollover cable.   but after I plug it in to my ethernet port and the console port how do i type commands?

• 4.  RE: I just got a 3200xm controller and I thought i set it up but how do i login from web?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 29, 2014 09:00 AM

Use A terminal Software like Putty and check your COM port number from device manger and on Putty choose the COM number for example COM4 and click open you wll be able to use CLI mode.

you can download it from here http://www.putty.org 

• 5.  RE: I just got a 3200xm controller and I thought i set it up but how do i login from web?

Posted Jun 29, 2014 09:03 AM

as I can see you said you have done all basic configuration bt you cant access it now mae sure you are on the same subnet add static IP on your computer and the  open GUI using your web browser and use HTTPS://10.0.1.21