Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

I want to manage IAP-275 with my controller

When I plug in my IAP-275 it boots as an Instant AP.  I do not want that.  I want to be able to use my controller that already has my Aruba 225s on it.  How do I by pass the Instant AP part?   And get my controller to see it?

Guru Elite

Re: I want to manage IAP-275 with my controller

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-do-I-convert-an-Aruba-Instant-AP-to-a-campus-AP/ta-p/178988

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thank you for your reply.  I followed the link and found the instructions to convert  the AP from instant to campus to use with the mobility controller but here are screen shots of the error I ran into:

right after I click "convert"right after I click "convert"

FailFail

Any ideas?  we are a campus and use vlans for each building. 

Guru Elite

What version of ArubaOS code are you using?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I am not for sure what information I need to give you but here is what I think you are asking for:

This is the information of the IAP-275:

Name:
Aruba Operating System Software
Type:
Build Time:
2015-05-12 10:54:20 PDT
Version:
6.4.2.6-4.1.1.6_50009

and here is the information of my controller:

Controller > About

Name:Aruba Operating System Software.
Model:Dell PowerConnect W-7220 Controller-US
Version:6.4.2.12
Compiled:2015-08-19 at 19:48:59 PDT (build 51328) by p4build

Thank you again for your help!!

Guru Elite

After it fails, SSH into the instant AP and run the following commands to see if you can get a clue why it is not working.

Show vpnstatus

Show upgrade

Show log system

Colin Joseph

Show Log SystemShow Log Systemshow upgradeshow upgradeshow vpn statusshow vpn status

Guru Elite

You need to run the command right after you try to upgrade and fail.  The log looks like you just rebooted it.

Colin Joseph

When you say "upgrade" do you mean when I am attempting to convert it from IAP to AP?  and where do I run that command?  I apologize for not understanding.  I am new to Aruba.

Guru Elite

Try to convert it using the GUI like you did before.  When the conversion fails, run the 3 commands on the commandline of the Instant AP.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: