Wireless Access

New Contributor

IAP-103 Radius not prompting for user name and password but connects and works.

I'm logged into the domain with Windows 7

I've configured an internal SSID for employees and want to use RADIUS

The RADIUS is configured correctly

When I connect to the SSID It never prompts me for credentials and connects with no authentication?

Is it using my cached creds on Windows?

Aruba Employee

Re: IAP-103 Radius not prompting for user name and password but connects and works.

Hi, 

If that is a Windows 7, check the Wireless connection profile @ "network and sharing center" > "Manage wireless connection". You may find what settings is being used. 

Or delete the profile and try connecting again, it should prompt for credentials. 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

Thanks,
Rajaguru Vincent
CWNA | CWSP | CWAP | CWDP | ACMP
New Contributor

Re: IAP-103 Radius not prompting for user name and password but connects and works.

Thanks Rajaguru,

This is my first Aruba AP.  After educating myself a bit on its features I realized through the logs that successful authentication were occuring.  I logged off and logged back in locally and after a few tweaks of the wireless adapter I was presented with a pop-up to enter my credentials.  I also confirmed my phone was able to get it too.  So in summary by default the wireless adapter was using my logged in credentials.  This was one of the items I deselected along with deselecting validate server certificate.

Jeff

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: