Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-105 VLAN issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-105 VLAN issue

Posted Aug 21, 2013 02:52 PM

Having issues with a guest WiFi network on a second VLAN (150), this started after a firmware update and I cannot figure this out; I'm thinking there is a bug.  We have 5 IAP-105 devices plugged into 2 HP switches.  Both switches are trunked allowing all vlans, APs are plugged into trunked ports as well.  Our router is a juniper SRX, with a guest VLAN #150.

SRX Gateway: 192.168.10.1  (this is the DHCP server)

Switch#1 vlan interface: 192.168.10.5

Switch#2 vlan interface: 192.168.10.6

Client joins and obtains 192.168.10.120

Both switches can ping each other, as well as the gateway.  Gateway can ping switches.  The switches can also ping a wireless client joined to the guest network, as well as the guest ping the switches.

Here is where things get wierd.  The client obtains a DHCP address from the gateway, but can not ping it or make external DNS queries.  The gateway can't ping the client either.  If I hardwire a laptop into the switch on vlan 150 I can ping the gateway as well as the switches and browse the internet.  It's odd.

Previous version: 6.1.3.0-3.0.0

Current version: 6.2.1.0-3.3.0.2

Any ideas would be great!  Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: IAP-105 VLAN issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2013 04:04 PM

Do you have your guest users in a role that is blocking that type of traffic?

• 3.  RE: IAP-105 VLAN issue

Posted Aug 22, 2013 11:48 AM

Not that I see.  It's another "Employee" network type set to unrestricted.  I have tried resetting to factory defaults to clear the problem, but no luck.  This started after the firmware upgrade which is wierd, I have no way of rolling back to the old version unless I can find the image somewhere.

Sorry, I am new to the Aruba gear.

• 4.  RE: IAP-105 VLAN issue

Posted Aug 22, 2013 02:16 PM

With a laptop connected wirelessly, I am able to ping the SRX gateway and browse the internet if I manually add a static ARP entry for the juniper on the laptop.

Once I remove the ARP entry, communication stops.