Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

IAP 205 configuration for maximum speed

Hello - We have multiple IAP 205 covering the office connected to a Gigabit ethernet switch.  We recently upgraded our Internet link to a Gigabit speed. 

On laptops / smartphones we are not close to the theoretical speed but we are much closer when a laptop is connected using a wired connection.  What would be the the best practice to configure the ARM and Radio? is there anything else we need to do?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, ideas and guidance.

Dov 

pic-1.pngpic-2.png

Aruba Employee

Re: IAP 205 configuration for maximum speed

ClientMatch should be enabled. I would also investigate the 76 alerts that are showing on your VC dashboard. What version of IAP firmware are you running?

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Occasional Contributor I

Sorry but I uploaded pictures from the wrong controller...any thoughts regarding the configuration of this controller? in my mind I should be able to get to +-450 Mbps

Picture1.pngPicture2.png

Occasional Contributor I

Sorry, I uploaded an incorrect photos (different controller)...any recommendations on the configuration below?  I am runnning version 6.5.4.8.  ThanksPicture1.pngPicture2.png

Guru Elite

In your SSID configurations under advanced, do you have Broadcast Filtering on?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

It is disabled (see picture)

Picture3.png

Guru Elite

Enabling broadcast filtering should give you more performance on each SSID.  (you would have to enable it on all SSIDs for maximum effect).

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

I enabled broadcast filtering as you recommended.  When I do any speed test on a wired laptop, I get Download 460, upload 970.  But when I switch to wireless I get 113 and 200. I also see retrunsmission during the load test (see picture below)...are there any other configuration parameters that I should look into? is there any additional data you want me to provide?  Thank you!!Picture4.png  

Guru Elite

Wireless is a shared medium, so it will always be a fraction of wired performance.

Occasional Contributor I

Understood - when I was doing the test, I was the only person using it...Is there a document that explain the best practice for all configuration parameters (I have 3 AP-205) or can you do me a big favor and look at my settings? thanks Dov

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: