Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-225RW. When connecting to ETH1, I receive a captive portal error page and can't access the GUI.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-225RW. When connecting to ETH1, I receive a captive portal error page and can't access the GUI.

Posted Sep 09, 2016 05:19 AM

Hi Guys,

Just need some help in understanding a small issue I am experiencing with the Aruba IAP-225RW.

If I connect my PoE ethernet to ETH1, I receive a Captive Portal error page and can't access the GUI.

If I move my PoE ethernet cable to ETH0, everything works and I can configure the IAP via the GUI etc.

Any idea why ETH1 would be doing this. (IAP powers up etc via ETH1)

• 2.  RE: IAP-225RW. When connecting to ETH1, I receive a captive portal error page and can't access the GUI.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 06:44 AM

If there is only a single connection, the IAP should be powered by eth0.

• 3.  RE: IAP-225RW. When connecting to ETH1, I receive a captive portal error page and can't access the GUI.

Posted Sep 09, 2016 07:03 AM

Thanks Colin, but I would like to understand WHY? Th eports are autosensing and my understanding was your could use either.

If it must be ETH0 then the documentation could easily be updated accordingly so we won't have to wonder :) 

When would you use ETH1 then?

• 4.  RE: IAP-225RW. When connecting to ETH1, I receive a captive portal error page and can't access the GUI.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 07:49 AM

eth1 is for captive portal or port channeling when you want additional bandwidth.  There is a configuration specific to enet1, so they are not reversible.